Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Reading List

Summer is my favorite time to tackle a huge list of books I have dying to read all school year. Here's some of my list for the 2013 summer.

Currently Reading The Last Dickens by Matthew Pearl- This is a literary mystery that takes place after the death of Charles Dickens. He dies in the midst of writing his last novel The Mystery of Edwin Drood. The novel is being published in monthly installments in a magazine, and the story is left unfinished by Dickens. His publishing house sends a young clerk to receive the final pages of what is finished of the story, when the clerk is murdered and the pages are missing a search ensues for the missing pages of the manuscript. I enjoy literary fiction, and I am enjoying this novel so far.

Now for a few books off my summer reading list, click the tittle of the book for a link to the books!

The World's Greatest Love Letters complied by Michael Kelahan- includes letters from Napoleon, Henry the VIII, John Keats, and Edgar Allan Poe.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- I have yet to read this classic, and this summer feels like the perfect time for a little Jane Austen.

The Beautiful and the Dammed by F. Scott Fitzgerald- I have previously mentioned my love of Fitzgerald, this is the last novel of his that I have yet to read, I'm excited to dive in.

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon- another literary mystery

Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

There is just a sampling of the unread books currently residing on my book shelf. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment