Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: My 2017 Favorites So Far

So far this year I have read twenty-five books, which of course, isn't as many as I had hoped to read at the half-way point of the year, but I don't think I will ever read as many books as I would like to in a year. Here are my favorite books I've read in 2017 (so far.) 


Click the book title to read my review


I loved all of the characters in this book and couldn't put it down! This is a book I will be rereading in the future many times. 


I'm a sucker for any book that deals with the idea of fate, and this novel is so well crafted and heartfelt. The romance is adorable and heart wrenching. I laughed, I cried, and I thought about for days after finishing it. 

This book lived up to the hype for me. All of the characters were so well developed, even the smallest of side characters, and the message so important and well delivered. This book entertained and delivered a strong message and sense of hope. I'm hoping we will see more YA books getting political and touching on current social issues, as young people care about those things too, and have the power to make quite the impact on our society, sometimes they just need to be reminded that they have that power. 


I picked this one up on a whim as I didn't even know it existed and I'm so glad I did. I love Saenz's writing and the way he crafts characters. This was another book I had a hard time putting down. 


This book had me on the edge of my seat for the whole five hundred pages! I loved the twists and turns and the historical setting. 

6. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (Review coming tomorrow) 
This was about the cutest book I've ever read! I loved both Dimple and Rishi and their passions for computer tech and art respectively. 

Surprisingly, five out of the six of my favorite novels of the year are YA contemporaries, a genre I don't often read. Perhaps that means I should read it more often! 


32 comments:

  1. I love your list! There's a couple on here I still need to read though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added 'Dimple' and Nicola's book to my shelf, so it's fabulous to see them on your "best of 2017 so far" list, Mallory! Both sound like reads I'll really enjoy; the first because it sounds super cute and I love contemporary, the second because Nicola is a fabulous storyteller. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy! The romances are very swoon-worthy in both books!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to read Dimple. I've seen it everywhere and it has me very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aristotle and Dante made it onto my list as well! I've been quite intrigued by the concept of The Hate You Give, but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really great! Powerful and entertaining!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read Fingersmith! I've read 2 Sarah Waters novels (Tipping the Velvet and The Paying Guests) and I loved them, so hopefully I'll find Fingersmith at the library sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tipping the Velvet will be my next Waters' novel! Fingersmith was my first Waters and it was a great introduction to her work!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I've seen so many good reviews for When Dimple Met Rishi. Same with Aristotle & Dante and The Sun Is Also A Star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved all three of them! Hope you pick them up!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. "The Hate U Give" made it onto my list, too! I usually don't read YA contemporaries but I gave in to the hype and I'm glad that I did! To be honest I had expected it to be even more emotional but I was really surprised about the humor! And of course the message is very important and it was really painful to read about all the injustice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved the humor in The Hate U Give! It off-set the serious themes so well.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Looks like you've read some spectacular books so far this year!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list, Mallory! I really need to read The Hate U Give and I completely agree with what you said about it - young people are also involved in politics and they deserve to be involved in it. I've heard amazing things about Aristotle and Dante and When Dimple Met Rishi, so I think I need to try reading some more YA contemporary myself. Glad to see Sarah Waters on your list! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been some great YA contemporary out lately! I've been really impressed with what I've been reading from that genre lately.
      Thanks for stopping by Jess!

      Delete
  10. Lots of great books! Dimple made my list too. I've been meaning to read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe for ages and have finally got round to getting a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy! I flew through it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. I've seen When Dimple Met Rishi on a lot of lists this year. I'm going to have to check it out! Here is our TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read these books, but most of them are on my TBR so that's good that you enjoyed them! I love seeing everyone's TTT posts each week.

    Marissa
    Reading List

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just picked up When Dimple Met Rishi at my local library so I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! A lot of these books are on my TBR, especially The Sun is Also a Star, When Dimple Met Rishi, and The Hate U Give. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed them :)

    Here is my TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! They're all on my TBR (own 3 of those; 1 from the library), will be tackling The Sun is Also a Star very soon! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aristotle and Dante was one of my favourite books of last year. Loved the characters, the lyrical prose, the romance. Everything was so beautiful! When Dimple Met Rishi is on my list as well, such a cute and fluffy romance.

    http://www.carmensreadingcorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was so impressed with the characters in Ari and Dante! Loved both Ari and Dante and the parents, which hardly ever happens in YA.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete