Monday, July 1, 2013

The Best Tragic Love Stories

I must say, I enjoy a good tragic love story now and again. Sometimes they seem more real, and easier to relate to than the dime a dozen romance novel. Shakespeare once said, "Expectation is the root of all disappointment." Okay, he probably never said that, but the tumblr Shakespeare did, and I think it's a good point. Moral of the story, lower your expectations and in turn lower your disappointment by reading a good tragic love story to keep your romantic day dreaming in check.

1. Romeo and Juliet- Shakespeare --Could I make this list and not include it?--

2. Tristan and Iseult-This is an old legend but I have the version translated by Joseph Bedier --The original tragic love story.--

3. Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte --So, so good, the characters are amazing.--

4. The Time Travelers Wife- Audrey Niffengger -- There is no argument, this is the saddest book I have ever read, but yet it is one of the best too. The movie was awful, so read it even if you have already seen it.--

5. Anna Karenina- Leo Tolstoy -- I haven't read this one, but I would like to. I may just settle for watching the new movie version with Keria Knightly and Jude Law instead though.--

No comments:

Post a Comment