Monday, March 28, 2016

Book Haul!-- Recent Purchases

Hey guys! I haven't been able to keep up with the weekly wrap-up posts lately which is where I usually show you what I have bought lately, so I thought I would do a little haul post. I have picked up various books from various places and I would love to hear your thoughts on them.

  I picked up A Walk in the Woods really cheap at my local Goodwill, and I was excited to see it there. Bill Bryson has been on my list for a long time, and this is the one of his I hear the most about. I'm not sure what to expect for it, but I have been loving nonfiction lately, so I'm excited to give this one a go.

Waters is another author I have been meaning to get to for ages, and I finally found one of her novels at my local used bookstore so I snatched it up! I don't know much about this plot, besides the fact that it is historical fiction with a lesbian couple, but I don't really want to know any more.

I have been waiting for this anthology to come out because it sounds absolutely perfect! It's a compilation of historical fiction short stories with kick-ass female leads. There are some authors I love in here, and some that are new to me but that I have heard lots of great things about; I will be getting to this one ASAP! 
This one I picked up as a birthday treat for myself, I love the Virago Modern Classic Editions but didn't own any. I think i will enjoy this novel, and I really want to get some more in these editions. I can see the beginning of a new obsession starting. 

Another b-day treat; I couldn't resist this cute little penguin edition because I have had my eye on this novel for ages! This will be my first Muriel Sparks and I think I'm going to love her. 

Finally, we have The Return of the Soldier by Rebecca West. I have heard some great things about this novella, so I picked it up when I came across it in the used section of my bookstore. 

Have you read any of these? What did you think? What have you bought lately? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I hope you enjoy Fingersmith - go into it as blind as you can, it's amazing. :) A Tyranny of Petticoats and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie are both on my TBR, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to finally own a Waters novel! I have high hopes for Petticoats!
      Thanks for stopping by Jess!

      Delete