Monday, September 19, 2016

Book Outlet Haul!

I made a HUGE Book Outlet Haul the other day because they had so many books that were on my wishlist! Of course school has started so my time for reading and blogging is short, but I'm really looking forward to reading all of these as soon as I can. This haul consists of adult fiction and middle grade fiction. I have been loving middle grade lately as it is so quick to read when I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to reading.
Adult Fiction 
Almost Famous Women, Megan Mayhew Bergman
short story collection about women that were close to famous men/women but 
were not famous themselves

Radiance, Catherynne M. Valente
"decopunk pulp SF alt-history space opera mystery set in a Hollywood"

How to be Both, Ali Smith
A novel told in two parts, one taking place in Italy during the Renaissance, 
the second in the 1960s.  

 At the Water's Edge, Sara Gruen
A historical fiction hunt for the Loch Ness Monster. 

A Love Like Blood, Marcus Sedgwick
A vampire story that takes place in the 1940s.
Sedgwick is one of my all-time favorite authors and is an auto-buy for me.

Middle Grade Fiction
The Tell-Tale Start, Gordon McAlpine
I'm reading this cute middle grade about the great-great-great-great nephews of
Edgar Allan Poe aptly named, Edgar and Allan Poe.

Once Upon a Midnight Eerie, Gordon McAlpine
Book two in this series. There are three out currently.  

The Case of the Missing Moonstone, Jordan Stratford
A young Mary Wollstonecraft solves mysteries with literary 
connections in this series.  

Kat, Incorrigible, Stephanie Bergis 
This is a Jane Austen-esque middle grade series, but with magic! 

Have you read any of these? Thoughts? What was the last book you bought? 

No comments:

Post a Comment