Saturday, August 3, 2013

Books I'm Dying to Purchase

Of Course my shelf is full of books that I have not read yet. Despite this fact in the back of my mind every time I step into a book store, I can't keep myself from pulling out my list of books I'm looking to buy that I keep on my phone and scanning the store for one. I thought I would pull a few off my list and share them.

Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey The first book in a trilogy about Marie Antoinette. I would also like to get a biography of Marie as well.

The Aviators Wife by Melanie Benjamin I plan on scooping this book up as soon as it is released in paper back. This is a fictional story about the wife of Charles Lindberg. I read The Paris Wife by Paula McLain a while ago, about the first wife of Ernest Hemingway, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love that the wives of recognized men are having their turn to be the focus of attention, which leads me to my next book...   

Z a Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Anne Fowler I of course love Fitzgerald's works and find his real life to be fascinating, including his wife. I knew Zelda was a strong personality and I think this book will be an interesting escape into the world of the Fitzgerald's and those who surrounded them.

The Letters of Vincent Van Gogh This is one book I am anxious to get my hands on. There are some truly beautiful book set copies of these letters that I would love to own someday. Van Gogh is my favorite artist and I find him to be such a compelling mind. Reading his letters are a priceless insight into his inspirations and thoughts.

Other books on my list include:

The Obituary Writer by Ann Hood
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Wolfe
The Bronze Horsemen by Paullina Simons
The Bookman's Tale by Charlie Lovett

No comments:

Post a Comment