Sunday, January 5, 2014

Recently Read: The Mark of Athena

I finished the third book in Rick Riordan's The Heroes of Olympus series, The Mark of Athena just yesterday. This was my favorite in the series so far. In this book the Seven come together for the first time, which I really enjoyed.


This book starts off from Annabeth's point of view, which I also enjoyed. I like the dimension that is given to the story and the characters by Riodrdan's choice to tell the story from alternating P.O.Vs. A book with seven major characters could get a little scattered, or some of the characters could seem underdeveloped, but Riordna;s characters are all lovable and important with unique personalities and perspectives.

This book had a great sense of adventure, and the overall plot for the series is really moving forward. I am excited to read the next book in the series The House of Hades, for the end of the third book left a couple of our characters in a large amount of danger and I'm anxious to see them get out of it safely!  

Here is the review for The Lost Hero
Review for The Son of Neptune

No comments:

Post a Comment