Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books at the Top of My Wishlist

Books are always at the top of my wishlist so the hardest part about this week's topic was narrowing it down to just ten! Let me know which ones I should buy right this very second! You can add me on Goodreads to see the rest of the books on my wishlist. 


Book Titles Link to Goodreads! 



I don't have a lot of experience with modern essays, but this collection has caught my eye! I love the Twitter account, so I would love to experience Broder's writing in full. 

I have been wanting to pick this one up ever since reading McLain's newest novel Circling the Sun which features the author (Karen Blixen) and Beryl Markham (who has her own character in this novel and is the main character in McLain's novel). 

3. Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell, Susana Clarke
I have heard great things about this one, and almost picked it up the other day, but it's so huge I know I won't be getting to it anytime soon! I really want to read it and watch the mini-series soon though!


4. Romantic Outlaws: The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and her Daughter Mary Shelley, Charlotte Gordon 
Another chunker of a novel I've had in my hands many times in the bookstore; this one is right up my alley. I spent a lot of time with Shelley and her masterpiece Frankenstein last semester and I find her and her mother fascinating women much before their time. I will pick this one up soon!

5. Wonder Woman the New 52 Vol 1-4
I've read vol. 1-3 and really enjoyed them and picked up vol. 5 and 6 from Bookoutlet so I would like to collect the series so I can reread and continue to read them. Why must graphic novels be so expensive??

6. Cat Woman the New 52 Vol 1-2
Same story here. I have vol 3 from Bookoutlet but need 1 and 2 since I haven't started this series yet.

 

7. Their Fractured Light, Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner
I really liked These Broken Stars and bought the second book but haven't read it yet. I need to get the third one in hardcover to match my other two because they are just too pretty. 

8. Air Awakens, Elise Kova 
This series looks like a lot of fun. I love a kick-ass female lead and I think this series will deliver. 

9. And I Darken, Kirsten White
I've heard lots of good things about this one, and I love the idea of gender-bet historical retellings. Plus see love for kick-ass female leads mentioned above.


10. Recollections of My Life as a Woman: The New York Years, Diane di Prima 
I read di Prima's fake memoir Memoirs of a Beatnik (the content was influenced by male editors as di Prima needed the money) and was so interested to hear the real story of this female Beat poet that I immediately put her real memoir on my wishlist. The Beat scene was dominated by men and masculinity so I would love to hear how di Prima forged herself a path in the scene.

Let me know which of these I should buy first! What's on your wishlist? Let me know so I can add it to my ever-growing wishlist!

19 comments:

  1. I am currently reading that very edition of OUT OF AFRICA right now. I hope you can still find it.

    I was thinking about way more expensive books. Check out my silly list. My TTT shopping list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you liking it? So many beautiful editions of this book out there.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I spent a semester in college in Denmark and went on a huge Karen Blixen binge. This is a varied and interesting list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that volume of Wonder Woman at the bookstore and have wanted to read that creative run as I've heard it's good, but I just haven't gotten to it yet. Plus yeah GN's aren't cheap, which makes it harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed the volumes I have read so far! I just forget what all happened so I want to reread before moving on!
      Thanks for stopping by Greg!

      Delete
  4. Great list, Mallory! I'd really like to read Out of Africa too, and I need to get to Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell and Romantic Outlaws - I own them both, they're just so chunky I haven't started them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Romantic Outlaws!
      Thanks for stopping by Jess!

      Delete
  5. Wonderwoman! Catwoman! I love DC's kick-ass females. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell is awesome and so is the tv miniseries!
    Check out my TTT and my leg of the Launch Day Blitz + Giveaway of United by Melissa Landers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Glad to hear you liked both of them! I'm hoping to get to them soon.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I have And I Darken, I just need to read it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/top-ten-tuesday-68/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting mix! I do like the looks of Air Awakens. It reminds me of another series that was really good (and that I need to finish!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I Darken was a pretty good read! I'm always a sucker for historical fiction.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard lots of great things about it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete