Sunday, May 18, 2014

May Book Haul Part 1: Jane Austen and Adult Fiction

Since school ended this month, I have treated myself to some books for summer reading. I bought the whole collection of Jane Austen novels in the Vintage Classics publishing versions (I had previously purchased Emma in this edition), I bought Mansfield Park, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion. I now have a little collection of classics by this publisher, and love the way they look displayed together.





I also bought two adult fiction books that I found used for great prices. 
I bought American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis and Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides
Part two of this haul will include young adult and graphic novels, which I will be more likely to read over the summer than all of the Austen novels. The only Austen I have read is Pride and Prejudice (my review here.) I am looking forward to reading these novels and then searching for the best movie/tv adaptations of them. Leave me your suggestions on where to start with the reading, or which adaptions you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment