Thursday, December 11, 2014

2015 Reread Challenge!


If you guys remember the list of classics and rereads that I have been working on all year, then you will know that I love rereading books. (Update on how I did with that list is coming soon!) The other day I stumbled upon The 2015 Reread Challenge that is being hosted by So Obsessed With and Belle of the Literati and I decided to join in. (You can read the original post with all the details here. )

I'm going to be making another list of classics that I hope to read this year as well as rereads, but I'm still working on finalizing it. Below is a list of seven books that I am for sure going to reread in 2015. I will add more books throughout the year I am sure, but for now these are my top priority rereads! My list of books I want to reread is almost as long as my books I want to read for the first time, so I'm hoping to reread at least one book a month this year. I'l be reviewing these books like I have reviewed my past rereads, and I will be posting a monthly reread wrap up to link up with the other participants of this challenge.

Seven Books I Hope to Reread in 2015:
Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury 
Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Peter Pan, J.M. Barrie 
The Book Thief, Markus Zusak 
The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
Midwinterblood, Marcus Sedgwick

I'm really excited to start rereading these! Gatsby I will be rereading for my American Lit class next semester, but I like to read that book every year so that works out for me! I read Of Mice and Men my freshman year of high school, so that is way overdue for a reread. I can't wait to see how six and a half years and two and a half years as an English major have changed my reading of that book. Same goes for F 451, which I read as a Junior in high school.

Are you planning on participating in this challenge? What are your thoughts on rereading? Let me know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment