Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Bronte Tag!

Jess at Curiouser and Curiouser  made up her own tag. You go girl! So I'm here to do The Bronte Tag. I've yet to read anything by Anne Bronte, but i have read Emily and Charlotte's masterpieces but I'm hoping to pick something up by her soon. This tag is super versatile and can be done whether you read classics or not. Okay, let's get started.
Anne, Emily, and Charlotte painted by their brother Branwell
  
Jane Eyre
A book or series with a twist you didn't see coming
Passing by Nella Larsen

This is one of my favorite underrated classics. It's so good and it's such a fast read. I highly recommend you check it out, the ending is so good. 

Shirley
A book/series with more than one protagonist
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides

This one is really interesting because there are five main characters that you don't know anything about. Really interesting novel lay out. 

Villette
Book/series set at school
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

This series has a lot of great elements. It has an American protagonist who goes to a boarding school in London, it has supernatural elements, and the protagonist Rory is so funny.   

The Professor 
A book/series you didn't like by an author you love
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

I love both Green and Levithan but didn't love this book. It wasn't bad by any means, I did enjoy it, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

Agnes Grey
Book/series with positive female friendship
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Bradshares

This book is the best female friendship book I have ever read. I loved this series so much when I read it in middle school, and I really should reread it. This series is so great, and the female friendship is so powerful and heartwarming.  

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Book/series with a parent protagonist
Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler

This is a really great fictional account of Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald's life together, and one that I really enjoyed. It was accurate, and it made these iconic figures into real people. 

Wuthering Heights
Book/series with a problematic love interest
Hold on Tight by Abbi Glines

Oh man! Do not get me started on this book. I can not believe how awful and toxic this relationship is. I can't even begin to list the problems with this book, but the biggest and most shocking problem was domestic violence.  

Tales of Angria
Book/series that reminds you of your childhood
Bloomability by Sharon Creech

I read quite a bit of Sharon Creech as a middle schooler, but this one was my favorite and really stuck with me for a long time after I read it. This is a really great coming of age and self-discovery story with a great female protagonist.  

Don't forget to check out Jess's original post here.  

4 comments:

  1. This was nice. I love that Shades of London series. It's different and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too, it's so funny and a little bit creepy. I've placed a hold on the third book from the library so hopefully I will be reading it soon.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yay, thanks for doing the tag, Mallory! :) I'd never even heard of Passing before, but having looked it up I'm definitely going to check it out some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think you would really like it! It totally took me by surprise as I had never heard of it either until it was assigned in one of my lit classes.
      Thanks for tagging me!

      Delete