All of the people on this list are NOT debut authors, but these books are their debut into either Young Adult or Middle Grade. This List took me a while to put together because I got super distracted searching through Goodreads for them and just about doubled the length of my TBR list. Oops!
Hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
Book Tittles Link to Goodreads!
1. Tangled Webs, Lee Bross-- Historical fiction dramas are my guilty pleasure. This one looks so entertaining and fun.
Release date: June 23rd
2. Lock and Mori, Heather Petty-- Female Moriarity teams up with classmate Sherlock Homes in a modern day London high school to solve crime, and it's the first in a trilogy; this sounds perfect.
Release date: September 15th
3. In a World Just Right, Jen Brooks-- I'm really intrigued by the concept of alternate realities in this book.
Release date: April 28th
4. 5 to 1, Holly Bodger-- This books sounds really interesting. It's dystopian set in India and I'm speculating feminist themes- quite a unique combination for YA.
Release date: May 12th
5. Red Queen, Victoria Aveyard-- Everyone and their dog is excited for this one!
Release Date: February 10th
6. The Invisible Library, Genevieve Cogman-- I'm not sure if this one is Middle Grade or YA, but it has a kick-ass female librarian spy and an alternate London so I'm super excited for this one.
Release date: January 15th
7. Only Ever Yours, Louise O'Neil -- This YA debut sounds pretty intense and thought provoking. In this world, girls are created for and live for the pleasure of men. I'm really excited to see more YA books that are heavy on feminist themes, and that are raising awareness about our current gender issues.
EDIT: I released this one is already out after making this post, but I'm still excited to read it, so I thought I would keep it on the list!
8. Monstrous, MarcyKate Connolly-- This one is described as a mix of Frankenstein and The Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales; a girl with wings and a tail spends her life hiding and only coming out at night, until she is accidentally seen by a human boy and they become friends.
Release date: February 10th
9. Beastkeeper, Cat Hellisen-- A Middle Grade debut that contains secret magic, family curses, and the ruins of a castle.
Release date: February 3rd
10. Watch the Sky, Kirsten Hubbard-- This one sounds kinda bizarre, but amazing bizarre. A young boy's stepfather is determined the end of the world is approaching and makes his family dig a huge hole for a shelter in their backyard- but is that the real reason their digging?
Release date: April 7th
Also check out my other 2015 lists;
And leave me your link below!