Friday, January 9, 2015

Literary Inspired: Movies and Mini-Series

My list of movies I want to watch is almost as long as my list of books I want to read, and sometimes the two lists work together. Here are two literary inspired movies that I really want to see ASAP and two mini-series I got for Christmas. I have to read both books that inspired the mini-series before I can watch them, but the movies I am free to watch.

Movies:

Bright Young Things (2003)
Directed and written by Stephen Fry-- based on Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh 













Wilde (1987) 
Directed by Brian Gillbert- staring Stephen Fry and Jude Law- based on the book Oscar Wilde by Richard Ellmann  




















Mini-Series:

Emma- BBC Mini-Series (2009)
Staring Romola Garai and Johnny Lee Miller (Sherlock from the American T.V. show Elementary. 













Tess of the D'urbervilles BBC Mini-Series (2008)
Staring Gemma Artenson and Eddie Redmayne (who is very, very cute)  













When I do end up watching these, I will be sure to share my thoughts on them. Let me know if you have seen any of these and what you thought of them, or if you have any more literary movie recommendations for me. I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment