Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Goals for 2015


I'm not one to set a bunch of goals at the same time, because I tend to feel over-whelmed with them, but there are a few goals I would like to set for myself in 2015- in terms of reading, blogging, and in other parts of my life. So here's what I hope to accomplish in 2015. 

Reading Goals:
1. Reread at least ten books-- I'm taking part in the 2015 Reread Challenge this year so that should help me accomplish this one. 

2. Complete my 2015 Rereads and Classics List-- I made a list of the top five rereads and classics that are top priority for this year and I hope to get through them. See the list here, and the wrap-up for 2014's list here.

3. Read 75 books-- I read about 100 books this year, but I'm putting my goal at 75 this year because I have a very full semester coming up in the spring and I might take classes over the summer too, so I will be busier with school this year. 

4. Read more new releases-- I made a list of 2015 releases I'm looking forward to and I hope to get to most of them. Read the list here. And the list of sequels coming out in 2015 that I can't wait to read here.

5. Read newly purchased books sooner after purchasing them-- This one goes along with number four. I tend to buy newer releases and then not read them for a year or two when they are no longer new releases. This year I would like to read the books I buy in a timely fashion, which may also help me to only buy when I'm ready to read (but I'm pretty sure that's just wishful thinking.)

Blogging Goals:
6. Continue my Literary Look Series-- I love doing this series I created, but the posts take a while to put together. I'd like do a lot of them this year. You can check out the first two in this series; The Beatnik Generation and The Harlem Renaissance

General Life Goals:
7. Relax!-- This year I'm going to try to not get so stressed out about everything (which is really difficult for a perfectionist who is also a college student).  If you have any tips on this, please let me know. 

Leave me a link to your goals, I would love to read them! 
Hope you have a great New Year! 

10 comments:

  1. Love your list of goals. I like the idea of a reread challenge. The only thing is that I have so many books on my TBR that I can't reread nearly as many books as I would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, but I love rereading so I don't feel guilty when I pick up a reread instead of one I haven't read yet.
      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Nice goals for 2015!! Here's a link to my TTT link for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read my books soon after purchasing but I'm not really sure that I will considering my back log of books! Oops. I hope you achieve your goals in the upcoming year! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That goal will be a challenge for me, but I'm hoping to improve.
      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. I also have goals to reread more books and to read more classics. I seem to have that classics goal every year though :/

    Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In 2014 I really put my classics on hold and read a lot of YA which was awesome, but I really want to get back into the classics again, though they can be difficult to read while I'm also reading for my classes.
      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. Those are great goals! ... I'm with you in the relax thing, College is stressing for a reader!! Hope you archive each goals!

    Happy New Year.

    Here's my TTT

    Giova @ Corazones Literarios

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is probably the most difficult goal I set for myself!
      thanks for stopping by

      Delete