Saturday, December 20, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: Highlights and What Happened This Week

I haven't been doing a lot of book buying recently, but the other day I got some used books from my library and I ordered a few books from the Book Depository, so I thought I would feature some of the highlights from this month's book purchases.
Stacking The Shelves hosted by: Tynga's Reviews
Sunday Post hosted by: The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Classics:
 

 




















Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, T.S. Eliot 
The Complete Poems of Dorthy Parker
Giovanni's Room, James Baldwin (beautiful Penguin Great Loves edition)
Women in Love, D.H. Lawrence
Revolutionary Road, Richard Yates   

Adult Fiction: 



















Shades of Grey, Jasper Fforde

Nook Pre-order:



















The Sin Eater's Daugher, Melinda Salisbury (Pre-ordered on Nook for $2.99! featured on my list of top ten new releases of 2015)


Weekly Wrap-Up
Monday- I shared my thoughts on Jane Eyre which I finally read. (Spoiler Alert- I loved it!)
Tuesday- Was the almost impossible task of picking my Ten Favorite Reads of 2014.
Wednesday- I shared some of my Favorite Christmas and Winter Picture Books! I would love to hear some of your favorites.
Thursday-  I reviewed A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
Friday- I spotlighted the Last Three Books I Added to my TBR on Goodreads!

Let me know what you posted about this week, and what books you bought!

8 comments:

  1. The Sin Eater's Daughter is so pretty and sounds so amazing! Enjoy! Happy Reading & Happy Holidays!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sin Eater's Daughter looks SO AWESOME! I just totally need to look that one up. ;-)
    My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds really interesting! I'm looking forward to reading it!
      thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful holiday, Mallory. I love the cover for The Sin Eater's Daughter.

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy Holidays to you too!
      It is a gorgeous cover, I love the color combinations.
      thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I'm so waiting for The Sin Eater's Daughter too. Such pretty cover and interesting rundown :)

    WeeklyWrap@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a very unique premise, I agree.
      thanks for stopping by!

      Delete