Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on My Wishlist
I've got a lot of books on my wishlist. Like more than I could ever afford, or find room to store, in one lifetime. So here's the ten I want to buy the most, and if you could let me know which ones I should buy RIGHT NOW that would be great. I need to prioritize my massive book wish list!
Hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
1. I'll Give you the Sun, Jandy Nelson-- This will be the next book I buy! I've wanted it for so long. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it!
2. Station Eleven, Emily St. John Mendel- I really want to read this one too, I'm thinking of putting it on my birthday list. Thoughts?
3. In the Shadow of Blackbirds, Cat Winters- I just read and loved The Cure For Dreaming, so I definitely want to pick up Cat Winter's other novel.
4. All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr- This is such a gorgeous book! I've been in the mood for historical fiction lately and this one has been getting all kinds of praise. Thoughts?
5. Dangerous Girls, Abigail Haas- Not my usual type of novel, but I've heard some great things about it, and it looks like a fun and exciting read.
6. Stray, Elissa Sussman- This looks like a great twist on the fairy tale genre. It's about fairy god mothers. Plus, that cover is beyond gorgeous.
7. The Edible Woman, Margaret Atwood- I need to read more Atwood after The Handmaid's Tale, and I think I will love this one.
8. Orlando, Virginia Woolf - This one has been on my wishlist forever, I just need to bite the bullet and pick up a nice copy.
9. A Mad, Wicked Folly, Sharon Waller Biggs- This is a recent addition to the wish list. It's another historical fiction novel with some feminist themes. Yay!
10. Noughts and Crosses, Malorie Blackman- I love forbidden and tragic love stories, and I've heard this one is great.
Which of these should I make top priority? Which ones did you love?