Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Recently Read: Ruin and Rising

Author: Leigh Bardugo
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Status: Third book in the completed Grish Trilogy
Publication Date: 2014
Page Count: 417
Rating: 4/5

Also by Leigh Bardugo:
Shadow and Bone
Siege and Storm
*This Review is spoiler free for the entire trilogy*


I finished the last book in The Grisha Trilogy recently, and I have since added Bardugo to my list of authors I want to be in the know about new releases for. I won't give a synopsis for this book to avoid spoilers, but it picks up where the second book leaves off and it has a beautiful cover!  

The first three-quarters of this book was impossible to put down. The action was fast paced and the plot was really moving towards and building up to the big moment. And then that moment arrived... and it was over- within a paragraph. So I found that the be a little anti-climatic. But... I really liked the characters in this trilogy and I found the character development to be really great so I didn't mind so much. 

This trilogy is fun and action packed and really entertaining and I really recommend it. The world is really cool and the characters are lovable. I thought this was a good ending to the trilogy, although it wasn't amazing. And the ending wrapped everything up nicely. I was happy with the way the love triangle, or square maybe, worked out, and the little bit of an epilogue at the end.  

Overall, I was satisfied with this conclusion to the trilogy, but not blown away. My favorite part of this trilogy was the characters, and I'm definitely keeping my eyes of Six of Crows which is scheduled to release in 2015.        

No comments:

Post a Comment