Monday, January 16, 2017

Nonfiction on My Hold List- Hello Again

Hey guys,

It's been a while. School got crazy last semester and then I moved and walked in graduation. 2016 was pretty blah for a lot of us (including myself) so I'm just concentrating on moving forward. I find myself with a little bit of time on my hands now, and I debated about whether or not I should bring the blog back but I decided that I needed the creative outlet and my place to write.

So today, I'm here to share a list of nonfiction novels I have placed a hold on at the library this month. I have been loving nonfiction lately, and I have a feeling I will read quite a bit of it in 2017.

I don't know how regular my posting will be this year, but for now, I'm here.

Born a Crime Trevor Noah
I have a lot of respect for Trevor Noah and the way he presents himself. He is so articulate and smart, and when I heard he was writing a memoir, I jumped on the hold list. I'll be waiting for this one for a while though, as the list is pretty long. 

Men Explain Things to Me Rebecca Solnit
I've heard good things about this essay collection. I've put off picking it up because I feared it might serve as a catalyst to the frustration I am already feeling because of the current political and social climate, but I decided to give it a try. I haven't read very many essay collections, so I am excited to dive into the genre. Leave me some recommendations! 

Born on a Blue Day Daniel Tammet 
This memoir sounds so interesting and unique to anything I have read before. Tammet has autism and is extremely brilliant (think Einstein or Rain Man) and in this novel he lets the rest of the world into his mind. 

What nonfiction novels are topping your 2017 TBR? Hope your 2017 has been and continues to be fulfilling. 

2 comments:

  1. Born a Crime is on my TBR as well. I own a copy so I really should have no excuse for why I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm going to have to add Men Explain Things to Me to my TBR, seems like something that I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete