Thursday, August 3, 2017

Weekend Reading Plans

I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done this month before I start my full-time teaching internship at the beginning of September. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by how much reading I want to do in so little time, but I'm trying to be relaxed about it (easier said than done.) So here's what I will be reading this weekend!

The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh

I'm listening to this one on audiobook, as I listened to the first one. These books are great on audio because the narrator pronounces all of the Arabic words so beautifully. These books are a little bit of a guilty pleasure for me. The romance is bit weird, there's a lot of drama, but the writing is so atmospheric and the story is addicting. So far, this one is going great. 

The Dumb House by John Burnside
I'm hoping to start this one this weekend as it quite a short read, and promises to be quite creepy. I've had this on my shelf for a while, and I've heard great things. 

Anthem for Doomed Youth by Wilfred Owen

I'm almost done with this small collection of poems, but it is not a happy read. and sometimes I can only read a poem or two before I have to put it down. I love Owen's poetry and you can read my Poetry Spotlight on him here. 

What are you reading this weekend? 

2 comments:

  1. The Rose and the Dagger is supposed to be quite good, from the review or two I've seen. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete