Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Favorite Epigraphs (3)

Epigraphs are something that I have started to really pay attention to and look for in my books over the past year or so. I can get really emotional over a really poignant epigraph! I've already shared some of my favorites in the past, but as I have discovered some more recently, I thought I would put together another post of them.
Let me know one of your favorite epigraphs down below!

Read my favorite Epigraphs Part 1
Read my favorite Epigraphs Part 2

Just One Day, Gayle Forman
"All the world's a stage, 
And all the men and women merely players: 
They have their exits and their entrances; 
And one man in his time plays many parts...."
- As You Like It, William Shakespeare 

Just One Year, Gayle Forman
"When I was home, I was in a better place: 
but travelers must be content." 
- As You Like It, William Shakespeare 

Paper Towns, John Green
"People say friends don't destroy one another.
What do they know about friends?"
- 'Game Shows Touch our Lives' The Mountain Goats 

The Impossible Knife of Memory, Laurie Halse Anderson
"-These are men whose minds the Dead have ravished. Memory fingers in their hair of murders..."
- "Mental Cases", Wilfred Owen  

Belle Epoque, Elizabeth Ross 
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
- Edith Wharton  
Let me know your favorite epigraph! I am always on the look-out for great epigraphs

No comments:

Post a Comment