Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: (Nine) Auto-Buy Authors

Many of the authors on this list are very recent additions, as I have been reading a lot of YA this year. I'm not going to put classic authors on this list since they are longer releasing new works, but there are a lot of authors that are no longer releasing new books that I want to read their entire catalog. These are authors that I have loved books from in the past, and that I know I will love all future books from as well.    

1. Marcus Sedgwick
Sedgwick has earned himself a spot as one of my favorite authors over the past two years. I have loved everything of his I have read so far, and I want to read everything he has already published as well as everything he publishes in the future!
I recommend: The Ghosts of Heaven 

2. Jandy Nelson
Nelson is a phenomenal writer, one of the best "still-alive" authors I have ever read. I loved both of her novels, and I will buy anything and everything she writes for the rest of my life. 
I recommend: I'll Give You the Sun 

3. Elizabeth Wein 
Wein is the latest addition to this list, as I just read my first novel by her last week- but I LOVED it. Her writing and novels are so emotional and action packed with rich historical settings. I know I will be interested in anything she puts out in the future. 
I recommend: Code Name Verity (review to come)

4. Rick Riordan
I love how fun his novels are, and I love the mix of the modern world and mythology. He really does it well, and I always enjoy everything he writes! I will be picking up his new series (of course) and I really don't see myself turning down one of his series in the future.
I recommend: Percy Jackson series

5. Sarah J. Maas
I love the worlds and characters that Maas creates, and I see myself enjoying them for a very long-time to come! I'm totally in love with the Throne of Glass series right now (who isn't?) and the release of the fourth book has me itching to reread the series. 
I recommend: Throne of Glass

6. Margaret Atwood 
I haven't actually read that much Atwood, but I want to read everything she has published! All of her books sound really great, and what I have read of her works I loved. I also really enjoy her poetry and want to read more from her. I trust Atwood, so that means I am not hesitant to pick up her older published books or any newly published books she may release in the future.
I recommend: The Handmaid's Tale

7. Cat Winters 
Every time I read the premise of a new Cat Winters book, I'm like, "Yes, yes, I need this!" I love how she mixes history, old photos and artifacts, and the supernatural. It's totally cool, and I want to read it all!

8. Markus Zusak
Everything I have read from Zusak has been full of such heart. His stories really focus on the complicated, but mostly good, nature of humanity, and I love how he explores human interaction. I am definitely interested in any and all future work by Zusak! 
I recommend: I am the Messanger

9.  Gris Grimly
I love Grimly's illustrations! His imagination is beautiful (and maybe a little bit terrifying) and his illustrations match with the classic novels and stories he chooses to illustrate so well! I always pick up his books when I see them, and I will continue to do so! 
I recommend: Frankenstein

I'm always eager to discover new authors, so who made your list? What's your favorite novel by any of these authors? 

8 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about Rick Riordan's new Norse god series. I also want to read Code Name Verity. Have heard really good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like how Riordan weaves mythology into his novels; it's such a fun idea. I loved Code Name Verity- I highly recommend it!
      Thanks for stopping by Kay!

      Delete
  2. I love Gris Grimly!! Do you like Edward Gorey too?
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-of-your-auto-buy-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read anything by him, but I am off to check him out right now! Thanks for the recommendation!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love Sarah J. Maas and Rick Riordan totally made my list too! I love that you added a recommendation list! Especially since I was told I needed to read Cat Winters but didn't know what to start with! Thanks! Great list! I totally agree with most of your list!
    www.awesomebooknut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat Winters is really great, I can't wait for her newest release!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Markus Zusak (The Book Thief is my favorite) and Rick Riordan (such clever stories!). Thanks for sharing your list.

    Check out my TTT here: https://greenishbookshelf.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/top-10-tuesday-auto-buy-or-auto-consider-authors/

    ReplyDelete