Thursday, July 21, 2016

Library Wish-List

Hey guys! I thought I would make a post about what I'm hoping to score from the library before the end of my summer break. I have been reading from the library quite a bit (I talked about feeling guilty about using the library when I have so many unread books here) but I have really been loving taking advantage of my library while I'm home for the summer.

I have been in the mood for something so specific lately -YA magical realism- so the first book falls in that genre. I devoured We are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson which was a great piece of YA magical realism and now it's all I want to read. If you have any recommendations for me (besides A.S. King) let me know!

I found this one because Maggie Stiefvater gave it a five-star rating on her Goodreads. I really liked the magical atmosphere in The Raven Cycle so I'm intrigued by any magical novel she gives a five-star rating. This one has to do with dream worlds. 

I'm not sure if this is magical realism or just a contemporary, but I have been hearing great things about it, and I'm really interested to see how this author pulls off the small town religion aspect.

I love poetry and have been wanting to get into some modern poetry and I think I will really like this collection. I have seen this author's work on the internet and loved its simple but impactful style. I have this one on hold right now, but I am considering just buying it because there is so many people ahead of me. Let me know if you read it and what you thought! 

No comments:

Post a Comment