Shocker: I read a lot as a kid.Before I could read, I made my parents read to me constantly, and after I learned to read on my own, there was no stopping me. I'm very attached to my books from my childhood and most of the books on this list are books that I own my mom's hand-me-down copies of as a kid and still today, which made them even more special to me, and of course they still are. So here are ten books I loved as a kid and still love today and would love to reread.
Hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
1. A Series of Unfortunate Events, Lemony Snicket
I never finished this series, I got to book eight or nine and then for some reason never finished. I would love to see how this over-the-top series finished.
2. Nancy Drew, Carolyn Keene
I love Nancy Drew's sass and fearlessness.
3. The Little House on the Prairie series, Laura Ingles Wilder
This was one that belonged to my mom, and I haven't finished the series and I would love to.
4. Alexander and Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day, Judith Viorst
As a college student, I can relate to poor Alexander about 6/7 days of the week. I love the illustrations in this book and it would definitely cheer me up on a horrible, no good, very bad day.
5. Junie B. Jones series, Barbra Park
Junie B. Jones always cracks me up! I remember both of us cracking up when my mom would read these out loud to me!
6. Because of Winn-Dixie, Kate DiCamillo
This is one of the first books that I read on my own that I LOVED. I read it multiple times and I would love to reread it. This was one of the first books that really made me FEEL something.
7. The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams
This was another one that was passed down from my mom, and one we always read together.
8. Time Stops For No Mouse, Micheal Hoeye
I read this one in elementary and loved it! It has great adventure and mystery.
9. The Borrowers Afloat, Mary Norton
Another book that I read my mom's copy off! I love the illustrations in this one.
10. Ramona and Beezus, Beverly Clearly
Another book that always made me laugh! I love the Ramona books, but this one is my favorite I think.