Saturday, June 6, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: Trying to Catch Up

What's New:
I'm really behind on my reading challenge of reading seventy-five books this year, and the reread challenge too, so I have been trying to catch up. I thought my big stack of graphic novels would help me get back on track, but I'm still just treading water. I'm not TOO worried about it though since I know school is the main reason I'm behind, and there's not much I can do about that. I did read quite a bit this week though, so let's get into that!

What I Read:
I read four graphic novels this week, and the fourth book in The Young Sherlock Holmes Series by Andrew Lane. I enjoyed them all, and will be sharing my thoughts on them next week.






















What I'm Currently Reading:
I'm starting Howard's End by E.M. Forster on audiobook, as I am behind on my Classics and Rereads List I made for this year. I also plan to pick up The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. I LOVED, LOVED I'll Give You the Sun, and I can't wait to pick this one up.




What I Bought:
I made a Book Outlet order sometime last week, and when it got here, it was bigger than I remembered it to be! I had forgotten just how many books I bought. But they were all great deals of course, and ones that I'm excited to get to.

The Tell-Tale Heart and Other Stories, Edgar Allan Poe and Gris Grimly
(Love Gris Grimly's art) 

Etiquette and Espionage, Gail Carriger

 The Realm of Possibility, David Levithan 

The Scottish Play Murder, Anne Rutherford 

Belle Epoque, Elizabeth Ross

The House of the Scorpion, Nancy Farmer (I have heard
so many good things about this one)

From the Library:

Wonder Woman vol 2. Guts, Brian Azzarello, Cliff Chiang, and Tony Akins


What I Posted:
Monday- I reviewed The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski.
Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday: Can Someone Please Adapt These Books?
Wednesday- I want your opinion on book boys: Are They Dangerous?
Thursday- I suggested some books that will make your not on vacation blues disappear with my No Summer Vacation? No Problem post.

Last Week's Wrap-Up

What's Next: 
Lots of graphic novel reviews! I have two combined graphic novel reviews coming up, a Top Ten Tuesday post, and undecided day next week.

Stacking the Shelves Hosted By: Tyngas Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted By: The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

10 comments:

  1. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope that you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Ms. Marvel and The House of the Scorpion. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots of great things about The House of the Scorpion!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I've seen The Sky is Everywhere a lot but still haven't picked it up. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to love it! I love Nelson's writing.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I hope you're enjoying The Sky is Everywhere! I've been wanting to read that one for a while. Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelson is a great writer, so I think I will love it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Love graphic novels, looks like you have some good ones. It's nice to see reviews of those as not allbloggers reviews them.

    Hope you have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been reading a lot of graphic novels lately and really enjoying them. I hope to keep discovering great ones this year!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete