Monday, July 3, 2017

Diversity Bingo Update #2

In this post back in January I mentioned that the only real long-term reading goal I was setting for myself was to complete as many squares on the Diversity Bingo chart as possible. Here I am with my half-way through the year update, with some more squares to mark off and books to recommend to you.

You can read my first update post here. 



Newly Completed Categories:
Titles link to my reviews 
Displaced Main Character: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon 
Black Main Character (Own Voices): The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
LGBTQA+ Main Character of Color: The Inexplicable Logic of my Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz (Gay, Mexican American)
Own Voices: Fingersmith by Sarah Waters (Lesbian Romance)
Contemporary World Arranged Marriage: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

Currently Reading:
Romance with a Trans Main Character: When the Moon was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore


I really enjoyed all of these novels and highly recommend them! I'm really loving this challenge and how naturally it aligns with what I already had and have on my TBR. Leave me some recommendations for my unfulfilled categories if you have any!  

No comments:

Post a Comment