Friday, May 31, 2013

To Inspire the Spirits

Whenever I am in need of a little inspiration or a mood booster I always go back to the same stories. These things will pull me out of a rut and cure a bad day.

Peter Pan- This is my favorite story, in any form. The Disney movie, the 2003 version with live actors, and especially the original novel by J.M. Barrie. Never have I came across a story to rival Peter Pan for my favorite story.

The Great Gatsby- In both novel and movie form, which one I use for inspiration depends on how quickly I need the inspiration! This is the novel I turn to whenever I feel like I am in a rut and just can't get out of it. The 1974 movie version with Mia Farrow and Robert Redford is divine! I have seen the new  movie version with Leonardo Dicaprio twice in theaters already.

Breakfast at Tiffanys-  Again, in both novel and movie form this story never fails to make me feel better. Both are equally good, although very different. Holly Golightly's independence and individuality is strong in both forms.

Beauty and the Beast- Belle's independence, heart and intelligence displays how women should truly be.

Looking through a book of Old Hollywood black and white pictures or looking at my favorite art pieces also inspires.

No comments:

Post a Comment