Saturday, October 5, 2013

Recently Read: Black Ice and The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I'm going to do a double review today of the last two books I have finished recently. Black Ice by Andrew Lane is the third book in his teenage Sherlock Holmes series. You may recall this post where I displayed my love for everything Sherlock Holmes and I mentioned this book series. This is a middle grade series I believe, but it is action packed and Holmes lovers of any age will love this series. Lane is spot on with Sherlock's methods and personality. Everything ties together perfectly with the original Holmes stories, and I get so excited each time something connects. The fourth book in this series is available for pre-order and is set to release very soon.
 
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky has been popular for quite a while. I have not seen the movie because  I wanted to read the book first, and I am very glad I did. This book deserves the hype. It was a quick read, I read it in two sittings, because I could not put it down. The emotions and thoughts of the main character Charlie are so clear and powerful, and I got attached to him very quickly. Charlie has such an unique and pure way of viewing the world. I would recommend reading this book if you haven't seen the movie, and even if you already have seen the movie. Chbosky adapted his novel into the script for the movie, which makes me think it will be just as good as the book.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment