Thursday, June 2, 2016

Intimidating TBR Tag!

This tag has been floating around on both Booktube and blogs and I have been meaning to get to it for a while and today's the day! I'm going to be picking from books that I already own for this tag. I have quite a few unread books on my shelves, some of them have been unread for quite a while.

1. A book you have not finished

I started De Profundis a couple of years ago when I first bought it, but put it down for some reason and haven't picked it back up. I love Wilde and have every intention of reading this soon. I loved the letters and poetry in this Penguin volume I have read so far, and the bits of the title work too. 

2. A book you haven't had the time to read

Queen of Shadows came out in the second week of my fall semester last year so I had zero time to read it when it first came out and its huge size has kept me from picking it up in the mean time. Hopefully I will be getting to it this summer. 

3. A book you haven't read because it's a sequel
I read The Diviners when it first came out and have forgotten everything that has happened in the two plus years we have had to wait for the sequel. I can't talk myself into committing to rereading book one and then jumping into book two since they are both ginormous so I'm not sure when I will get to this one. 

4. A book you haven't read because it's brand new

Just bought a copy of Possession at my library's book sale at the beginning of this week.  

5. A book by an author you read a book from previously and didn't enjoy 
I read and loved Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck, but HATED The Grapes of Wrath so I'm leary to pick up more by him since all of his books have that Depression era Western American setting. This one is much shorter than The Grapes of Wrath so it's got that going for it at least. 

6. A book you haven't been in the mood to read
I liked Tess of the D'urbervilles but Hardy is such a slow paced read. I might listen to this one on audio book soon, but I have not been in the mood to trudge through another Hardy lately. 

7. A book you haven't read because it's enormous
I really want to pick this one up because it sounds great and has of course won the Man Booker, but it's 850 pages.

8. A book you bought because of the cover and then heard less than favorable reviews for
I bought this one based on the cover and the fact that it was a Peter Pan inspired retelling. It's not that I have heard bad things about it, I just haven't really heard anything about it at all. 

9. The most intimidating book on your TBR

Both of these books are super intimidating because of their size and complicated, involved plots, but I really want to read both. Maybe after school ends next year I will work on tackling some of my heftier reads. 

If you want to do this tag, feel free! Just make sure to leave me a link to your post in the comments. 

What's the most intimidating book on your TBR? Does length or involved plot intimidate you more?

No comments:

Post a Comment