Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Big Books on My TBR

I have a lot of large books on my TBR. Long books tend to sit on my shelves for a lot longer than short books as I am usually hesitant to pick them up. Being a college student, and now teacher, means I don't have as much free time to read as I would wish for, so when I do get free time, I feel like I should maximize it by reading a lot of short or medium length books rather than a few long books. That's something I'm working on talking myself out of. So, here's a look at what I have waiting for me on my shelves! Let me know what I should read first and your thought mentality surrounding large books. 

I've only read A Monster Calls by Ness, but I really think I would enjoy his works. This one particularly calls to me, and I've owned it for years. I think this one will be easy enough to read because it's YA, but the size always makes me hesitate. I've moved it to front and center on my TBR shelf though so hopefully I pick it up soon. 


This novel has a really engaging premise and I think I would really enjoy losing myself in this story. I just need to talk myself into picking it up and giving myself some time to get into it, as it has a slower start.

I have yet to read any Tart and although I also own The Secret History, the premise of this novel calls to me more. I really want to pick up her novels soon! 

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 626 pages
All of Maas' novels that I haven't read yet could be on this list, I keep getting more and more behind because her books are so long, and I feel like I need to reread most of the previous novels before starting the next ones because I forgot so much of what happens (Ugh, ugh). I'll get caught up though, probably on this series first, then Throne of Glass.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett 444 pages
I read the first twenty-or-so pages of this one a while ago and really enjoyed them so I know I'll love this novel, I just need to get myself to start it! I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know the story line of this one and need to read it before that changes! 

2 comments:

  1. All of these books are on my TBR too! Crazy. I actually own all of these (except for The Goldfinch). Hope you get around to some of them soon! >_< They're so big and intimidating... though I know that they'll all be amazing and so well worth it!

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of these books have been on my tbr forever! I really need to tackle them soon! Hope you enjoy them.
      Thanks for stopping by Cass!

      Delete