Sunday, April 20, 2014

Recently Purchased: April Book Haul

Surprise! I bought way too many books this month, and I put them in a very crooked pile.

From Top:
Great Expectations, Charles Dickens and Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte Great Illustrated Classics  These are little graphic novel/comic book adaptations of these classic novels which I found used at my local book store for a couple bucks each. I love Wuthering Heights and planned to reread it this year so this version is perfect for that, and I am eager to read Great Expectations before Cassandra  Clare's new shadowhunter series based on this novel comes out. 
Tess of the D'ubervilles, Thomas Hardy I have been wanting to pick this up for a while and I'm glad I waited because I love this edition from 1958 I found used for under five dollars.
Visions of Darkness This is a small collection of Poe stories in a beautiful little edition which I also picked up used.
For Darkness Shows the Stars, Diana Peterfreund YA sci-fy retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion.
Airstotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Benjamin Alire Saenz YA major award winning realistic fiction 
Uglies, Scott Westerfeld I have never read it and I now have to for my children's lit class. I am looking forward to it. 
Napoleon and Josephine, Gerald and Loretta Hauseman This has been haunting me at my local book store in the used section for months, when it was marked down 50% off I couldn't pass it up. 
These Broken Stars, Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner This was my Easter present and I have heard a lot about it and boy, is this a beautiful looking book! I have heard it is comparable to Titanic in space. I believe this is the first in a series, but I am not sure. 
The Assassin's Blade, Sarah J. Maas Gorgeous bind up of the Throne of Glass novellas. I haven't read this one yet, I am saving it to tide me over while waiting for the third novel in the series to be released.
Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas I have already read and loved this, my review is here.
Crown of Midnight, Sarah J. Maas I have also read and loved this one, my review of it is here.      

No comments:

Post a Comment