Thursday, April 17, 2014

Recently Read: Hopeless

Earlier this month I read Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. This was my first Colleen Hoover book. I bought this on my nook on a whim when I saw it for about four dollars. I was in a contemporary mood and read this book in like a day and a half.


This book is about Sky who is about to go to her first year of public school for her senior year after being home-schooled. She meets a boy with a reputation named Holder, and the story unfolds from there.

For some reason, I never expect much from contemporaries. I don't know why. I usually enjoy them once I pick them up and start them but I'm not as drawn to them as I used to be, or as much as I am drawn to other genres. I had no expectations going into this book at all. I had heard from a few people it was good and I just picked it up. I really enjoyed this book, it was hard to put down, funny at times and intense at other times. This book had a lot more depth than I expected it to have and was quite impactful (is that a word?). I enjoyed the two main characters of this book and found them to be very real. Holder is a swoon worthy love interest, and I found Sky to be well developed as well.

I know there is a companion novel entitled Loosing Hope which tells the story from Holder's preservative which I'm not sure if I will read or not, but it does intrigue me, as well as Colleen Hoover's other novels. Whether you usually go for contemporary or not, I do recommend this book.           

No comments:

Post a Comment