Friday, April 25, 2014

Recently Read: Obsidian and Onyx

I'm a little behind on reviews since I'm in my last few weeks of school and I have three major papers to write among other assignments, so I read Obsidian earlier in the month but haven't had a chance to write about it yet.


Obsidian by Jenifer L. Armentrout is the first book in the Lux series, which is about Katy who has moved to a new town and school in the middle of nowhere for her senior year of high school. Oh and btw she is also a book blogger. She moves in next door to siblings that are her age, Dee and Damion who just happen to be aliens.

I read this book really quickly. It was so additive and I couldn't put it down. It is diffidently a guilty pleasure read for me, since I usually go for heavier classics. The characters in this book are funny and likable and  the action is fast paced.

As soon as I finished Obsidian I moved straight on to the second book in the series Onyx. Which was just as entertaining and quick to read. The action and plot really picks up in this one, as well as the cute romance. I have already bought the third book Opal and have been itching to get to it, but sadly final papers have gotten in my way. I plan to finish up the series (Origin is the fourth one) after the semester is over because the final book, Opposition comes out in August of this year. I also heard the other day that the movie rights for Obsidian have been purchased, so we can possibly expect a movie rather soon.

This series is also the victim of a not-so-good cover change that will be taking place very soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment