Saturday, August 8, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: I'm Feeling so Organized!

What's New:
I just spent some time organizing all of the posts I want to get up for August! I want to schedule about a month's worth of posts for when school starts again, but I find that is the easiest way to survive the first month of a new semester. That means I need to get writing posts like crazy!

What I Read:
I finished The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson this week. I thought this was the conclusion to the trilogy, and I was excited to finish this series. I had been waiting forever for this book since the release was pushed back a couple of times, but alas! It's not even the conclusion! I'm a little annoyed about this but hopefully I will get a conclusion to this series sometime soon! I also started reading Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein from my August Goals list (linked below) and it is proving to be an emotional read from page one.
 


What I Bought: 
Both of these came from the little used section at my local library. I have two of these Jane Austen Mystery books now and they look so cute- I hope to read them during my next semester as they will be light reading, and it won't matter if I have to put them down a million times before I finish them. I love the idea of Jane Austen as a sleuth.
I love poetry and Neruda is a well known poet that I have yet to read much from so I was excited to find a large collection of his works for only fifty cents. I'm hoping to do a Poetry Spotlight on love poems soon, so keep an eye out for that!


What I Posted:
Monday- I reviewed Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
Tuesday- I made a list of the Top Ten Fairy Tale Inspired Books I Want to Read
Wednesday- I made some August Goals which included what I want to read, watch, and post
Thursday- I updated you (and myself) on the Progress I have made on my goals this year

Last Week's Wrap-Up

What's Next: 
I actually know what's coming next! (gasp!) Here's a look at next week.

Monday- Review for Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson 
Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I have read the most books from
Wednesday- Poetry Spotlight: Emily Dickinson
Thursday- Book recommendations for boys

Stacking the Shelves Hosted by: Tyngas Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted by: Caffeinated Book Reviewer

22 comments:

  1. You got some great books this week. I hope that you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul this week. I hope you enjoy your books.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Jane Austen msyteries look interesting too- I didn't realize there were that many. Hope they're good! And good luck getting ahead- I've been prescheduling more lately and it is nice, I used to just wing it day by day and wouldn't want to go back ot that. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen them around in the bookstores, I have only come across used copies so I don't know much about the series either! I love prescheduling too, especially during school.
      Thanks for stopping by Greg!

      Delete
  4. Well done on getting so organised. It's something I aim to do but never seem to succeed in.

    It's a great idea though as less stressful in times of busyness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I can keep this system up and running,
      Thanks for stopping by Deborah!

      Delete
  5. I think I read the first Jane Austen mystery years ago, I should catch up. Pablo Neruda was a wonderful poet, that book is a very nice catch ! I must add I absolutely love that leafy background picture on your blog :) Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I haven't heard much about the series, did you enjoy it? I'm really excited to read more Neruda! The background was part of my little update I made to the blog not that long ago; I'm glad you like it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. You sound super organised, I try and fail miserably!!

    Enjoy your new books!

    Heather | Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the planning part down, not I just need to do the actual writing of the posts, so don't get too excited about my organization yet!
      Thanks for stopping by Heather!

      Delete
  7. When I see CODE NAME VERITY all I can think now is "Poldark?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm hoping that makes sense to me once I finish the book!
      Thanks for stopping by Steph!

      Delete
  8. Good luck getting all your posts done! That definitely seems like the best way to do things. I haven't read any of the Jane Austen mysteries but I've been wanting too. They sound fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the luck, I'm going to need it!
      Thanks for stopping by Katherine!

      Delete
  9. I know what you mean, I like to post ahead of time myself just in case something happens and I can't make it that day. I am only a week ahead right now which is bothering me. I need to do better than that. Have a great week!

    Sunday Post #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a lot of pressure off to have posts ready to go! Good luck getting your posts up!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I have honestly never been a huge fan of poems, both reading or writing them. Not sure why.. I hope you enjoy the books you got, and good luck with the posts! :)

    Here is my StS

    Justin @ Justin's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had an appreciation for poetry until I took an intro to poetry class my sophomore year of college. Now I love it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Wow! Great Haul. Hope you enjoy them.

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete