Thursday, August 13, 2015

Book Recommendations For Boys (From a Boy)

I have a brother, who is four years younger than me (and is a total genius, like he has been at a college reading level since he was in third grade) and enjoys reading. He doesn't read as much as I do by any means, but I am always pushing books his way after I finish them, or he is asking me if such-and-such book is good. And once he picks up a book, he doesn't put it down until he finishes it. So here is a list of books that my teenage brother enjoyed, and that the stubborn (or frequent) teenage male readers in your life might enjoy.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Adam Douglas
This book (and the rest of the series, although this is his favorite of the series) makes my brother laugh out loud! He always talks about it and quotes it, and he made me read it a few years ago, but it just wasn't my sense of humor. He loves it though- it's one of his all-time favorite books. 

Winger, Andrew Smith
This is one of the books I read, and then put on his shelf because I knew he would love it. Smith does a really great job at capturing the inside of a teenage boy's mind. He really enjoyed this one, and is looking forward to the sequel Stand Off

Grasshopper Jungle, Andrew Smith 
He read this one after Winger and enjoyed it even more so possibly. I also enjoyed this one, even though it was on of the weirdest things I have ever read. I'm not sure what would interest teenage boys more than a horde of man eating praying mantis that are only interested in breeding and eating.   
Watchmen, Alan Moore
Graphic novels have been his most recent form of reading, and this one is the latest he has read and loved. I know he loved it because he wants me to read it, but he can't stop talking about it and giving away plot points while he is waiting for me to read it. 

And some books on his TBR:
V for Vendetta, Alan Moore

Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl, Jesse Andrews

American Sniper, Chris Kyle 

What books have the boys in your life loved? What books do you find that every reader loves?

No comments:

Post a Comment