Thursday, August 6, 2015

2015 Goals Check In!

So back in January I made some goals for my reading, blogging, and everyday life. I also made a list of Classics and Rereads I wanted to get through this year. I thought I would do a check in so I could examine my progress as well as remind myself of what goals I still need to work on! I also made a list of goals for August, as it is my last month of summer vacation, which I'm also hoping to complete.

2015 Goals 
Reading 
1. Reread at least ten books- 
So far my rereading has been minimal this year. I have only reread two books, and neither of them were from my original reread list. I'm okay with this though because I have not had as much time to read this year because of school so when I do read, I want to read my unread book that I'm excited about. I do plan on doing some rereading the second half of the year, so I might meet this goal.
I've reread Romeo and Juliet and Bridget Jones' Diary

2. Complete my Rereads and Classics list- Another goal I'm not making as much progress on as I should have made, but mostly because of the rereads section of the list. I know I can meet this goal by the end of the year. You can see what I have read off of my list below. 

3. Read 75 books- I'm on track to meet this goal finally! It has taken me most of the summer to catch up after I got behind during school, and I'm hopping I can get a little ahead this month. 

4. Read more new releases- I'm very pleased with the progress I have made towards this goal. I have read seven 2015 releases, I am currently reading one, and I have lots more on my TBR! 

I've read:
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda 4/5
Mosquitoland 3/5
A Court of Thorns and Roses 5/5
The Winner's Crime 4/5
Ms. Marvel vol 2: Generation Why 5/5
Ms. Marvel vol 3: Crushed 5/5
Challenger Deep 4/5

5. Read my books sooner after purchasing them- This one is a little bit harder than the others to track since I don't really keep track of when I buy books compared to when I read them, but I have been reading a good mix of newly purchased books and books that I have owned for a long time. I'm giving this one a check mark! 

Blogging 
1. Continue with my Literary Look Series- I have made progress on this goal as well. This year I have done a Literary Look post on European RomanticismAmerican Romanticism , and The Lost Generation. I also plan to do another in August, and a few more before the end of the year.  

Rereads
I haven't reread anything from my list yet! But I do have one on my August goals list and I'm hoping to reread another this month too! I'm not too worried about this list, I'm sure I can have it done by the end of the year. 
Classics 
I'm right on track with this list! I have read two out of the five classics, and I am currently reading my third off the list! The longest ones on this list are out of the way (or under way) so I should finish the last two no problem! 

I've Read:
Emma 5/5
Howard's End 4/5 
Currently Reading Tess of the D'ubervilles 

No comments:

Post a Comment