Saturday, August 1, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: Last Month of Freedom

What's New:
I've got a lot of things I want to read and watch in August before school starts again, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by everything I want to cram in. As usual, I didn't get nearly as much reading done this summer as I wanted to, even though I did lots.

On Sunday, I went to a Tim McGraw concert with my best friend which was great. I grew up listening to Tim McGraw so it was so cool to see the songs I loved as a kid preformed live.

What I Read:
This week I read (and loved) Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman and my review will be up on Monday. I also finished Speak By Laurie Halse Anderson, which is something I have been meaning to read forever! I'm caught up on my Goodreads challenge for the first time in months, and I would love to be ahead before school starts again at the end of August! We will see what happens.

 


What I Got From the Library:
P.S. I Still Love You, Jenny Han

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, E. Lockhart


What I Posted: 
Monday- I reviewed one of my favorite author's latest books, The Ghost of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
Wednesday- I spotlighted some more Books on my TBR Shelf
Thursday- I did the Jane Austen Book Tag
Friday- I did a YA Retellings edition of Just Added

Last Week's Wrap-Up

What's Next: 
I have a review of Challenger Deep planned for next week, as well as a Top Ten Tuesday post, and I want to discuss some end of the summer goals.

Stacking the Shelves Hosted by: Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted by: The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

22 comments:

  1. Awesome stack of books this week. I hope you love all of your new books. They look fabulous.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! Hope you have a fantastic week!

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard pretty good things about the Disreputable History. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on it. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots of great things about it too!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. That sound like a fun concert. I haven't been to a lot of country shows but live acts are the best. Hope your month starts off good- looking forward to your posts this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really grown to appreciate live music lately!
      Thanks for stopping by Greg!

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to your review of Challenger Deep. There's something riveting about that cover. Will keep an eye out for it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speak is a challenging read but a good one. I'm about six books behind on Goodreads, I need to get a move on! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was five books behind for the longest time, it was a lot of work catching up. Good luck!
      Thanks for stopping by Maree!

      Delete
  7. I kind of remember the feel of hat last month before college started back up - it was a long time ago though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list of books! That's awesome about the Tim McGraw concert. I've heard he puts on a really great show. I never get quite as much read as I expect too either but hopefully you got some great books read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun show!
      Thanks for stopping by Katherine!

      Delete
  9. Lots of good books, will keep an eye out for your review of Challenger Deep, the synopsis for it is fantastic.

    Heather | Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Challenger Deep!
      Thanks for stopping by Heather!

      Delete
  10. I understand not getting everything you wanted to get done I think I do that on a daily basis! I like the books you got there. Have a great week!

    Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much to do, so little time!
      Thanks for stopping by Tammy!

      Delete
  11. I know the feeling of wanting to get things done before college starts back! I am taking part in ARC August, and have 16 books I really need to get through by the end of the month. It's stressful, but I think it might end up being a lot of fun!

    I hope you enjoy the books you got! I still have P.S. I Still Love You near the top of my TBR list! I just won't have time to read it until September so I am holding off on buying it until I have time!

    Here is my StS

    Justin @ Justin's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with ARC August!
      Thanks for stopping by Justin!

      Delete