Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Jane Austen Book Tag!

Jess @ Curiouser and Curiouser  tagged me to do the Jane Austen Book Tag. I love Jane Austen, and her feisty female characters, so this tag should be fun!

Sense and Sensibility
A book with a dynamic sibling relationship

 
                              Review
Jude and Noah's relationship in I'll Give You the Sun is my favorite sibling relationship I have ever read. The connection between these two twins is so beautiful, and watching them disconnect and then come back together again during the course of this novel was a really great experience.

Pride and Prejudice
A book that didn't seem interesting at first

 


The Sin Eater's Daughter started out a little bit slow. The plot was just kinda wandering along at a slow pace, and then all of the sudden in the last fifty pages of the novel a bunch of plot development happened, and then the book ended. It was an enjoyable read, although the pacing was a little odd, but I think I'm interested in picking up the next book when it comes out. 

Emma
A book with two close friends who fall in love

 

Emma Review                                                Shadow and Bone Review 

I don't talk too much about Shadow and Bone on the blog, but I did enjoy the series overall. The books are fun and quick reads, and I had such a soft-spot for the male bff turned love interest in this series. And Emma is great by the way. It's so funny, and Mr. Knightly is my favorite Austen love interest that I have read so far. 

Mansfield Park 
A rags to riches story-line
 

Pygmalion is the play that My Fair Lady is based off of, and while I love the movie, the play is so much better. Eliza Doolittle is the ultimate transformation story, but her transformation in the play is so much more pronounced. The ending of the play is very different from the ending of the movie- and much more feminist. I highly recommend checking out the play if you love the movie.

Persuasion 
A book involving second chances

 

Persuasion Review                                        Just One Day Review

I really loved Just One Day! Allyson really gets a second chance (or maybe it's more of a new chance because she is so young and just starting to learn about herself) at living her own life the way she wants to, and at finding love.

Northanger Abbey
A book with an imaginative character

 

                                                                            Huck Finn Review

Both Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer have wild imaginations and fascinations with adventure stories, which always seems to get them in trouble.
I tag...
and You!

I would love it if you left me a link to your post below, and let me know which Austen novel is your favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment