Thursday, April 16, 2015

Recently Read: The Sin Eater's Daughter

Author: Melinda Salisbury
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Publication Date: 2015
Page Count: 238
Rating: 3/5


Twylla was destined to be the next Sin Eater. After the death of someone a Sin Eater must eat the sins of the deceased before their soul can peacefully pass into the next world, but then fate had a different idea for Twylla. Her touch is deadly and she works as the queen's executioner. 

I'm not sure what I think about this one. The characters were likeable and the story was entertaining, but the ending was a little oddly done. The plot moved at a slower pace for the first 3/4 of the novel and then all of the sudden in the last fifty or so pages a ton of plot happened and then the book ended. This is the first in a trilogy (?) and I know that the end was a set up for the rest of the series, but it just seemed like all we needed was the last fifty pages to set us up for book two. Because all of that plot development happened so fast I found myself feeling a little confused about what exactly was going on. I do like this book enough to be interested in picking up the others in the series when they are released though. 

I liked the world and I thought the concept of Sin Eating was so cool- I would have loved to have more information about this idea and I'm hoping it will play a huge role in the next books. There was a few interesting plot twists in here that I really enjoyed and I read this rather quickly because it was so entertaining and quick. 

So I guess I enjoyed this, but it didn't blow my mind. I just can't decide how I feel about this one. I'm curious to know what you thought of this one if you read it so let me know!  

And how gorgeous is that cover?!

No comments:

Post a Comment