Saturday, April 11, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: First Week of April

What's New:
The semester is coming to end in about three weeks, so I've got lots of big due dates coming up. I've been able to make some downtime for myself this past week though which has been great! So here's an update on what I have read since my last wrap-up.

I've finished (and will be reviewing)
 

I'm Currently Reading











Next, I'm Planning to Start








What I Bought:
The Sky is Everywhere, Jandy Nelson
It's no secret that I love I'll Give You the Sun so naturally I wanted to pick up Nelson's debut. 

The Eyre Affair, Jasper Fforde
I've heard great things about this and it looks like so much fun!

What I Posted:
Monday- I reviewed Jane Austen's Emma (Mr. Knightly might be my new favorite Austen love interest! <3)
Tuesday- I discussed ten characters I would like to catch up with over tea.
Wednesday- I asked an important question: Is Taylor Swift the Confessional Poet of our Generation?
Thursday- A new addition to my Poetry Spotlight Series: T.S. Elliot's The Wasteland

Last Week's Wrap-Up

What's Next: 
This upcoming week I will be reviewing Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, participating in Top Ten Tuesday, discussing an adaption of Emma, and discussing more poetry.

Stacking the Shelves hosted by: Tyngas Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted by: The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Leave me a link to your wrap-up!

18 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to see what you though of Cat's Cradle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really interesting! Review will be up on Monday!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. simon and the homo sapiens sounds interesting hope you like it.
    my stacking the shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it! I've heard lots of great things about it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great haul! I hope you enjoy The Sky is Everywhere because I loved I'll Give you the Sun too. Have a great week!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to getting to it very soon, I'm thinking I will enjoy it since I love Nelson's writing so much.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. the sin eater's daugther cover is beautiful! So went to check it out at goodreads... poisoned skin? Interesting:) how do you like it so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it last night actually. I thought it was very entertaining, I'll be sharing my thoughts on it soon!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love the cover of The Sins Eaters Daughter I have it to review can't wait to.see what you think of it.

    Happy Reading

    My Sunday Post
    http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/sunday-post-12-us-virtual-road-trip.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is very stunning- I love the color combinations.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Knightly in a book really beats Darcy because he is so gracious to all and sundry. He is without the snooty pride of Darcy. And the Eyre affair looks great - at least the cover does. my post is http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/2015/04/payback.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mr. Knightly is the nicest guy!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. The Eyre Affair looks interesting. I've heard about it but have read it yet. Somehow I haven't read Emma. Really I haven't read any Austen other than Pride and Prejudice but I'm hoping to fix that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eager to get to it, I think it will be a lot of fun! Emma was so funny and enjoyable, as is all of Austen's works. Hope you get to her soon and enjoy!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I have heard excellent things about that Jasper Forde book as well. I hope you enjoy it!

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm really eager to get to something by him.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I like The Eyre Affair. Will check that one out. Some of those others are new to me too.
    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/12/whats-new-on-my-book-shelf-104-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete