Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Characters I Would Like to Catch Up with Over Tea


This topic is a little difficult for me because I think there is a point where you can have TOO MUCH information about the characters after the ending of the book (J.K. Rowling, I'm looking at you!) If an epilogue describes every detail of the characters entire life after the book ends, I usually get annoyed. That's too much information! I like to be able to imagine my own epilogues and futures for characters, and I like a bit of mystery. That being said, there are some characters I wouldn't mind sitting down with for a cup of tea and a brief chat  about what they have been up to. 


1. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
I would love to hear how my favorite literary bffs are handling retirement.

2. Noah from I'll Give You the Sun-- Review
Oh man! I loved reading from Noah's perspective, and I would keel over from excitement at the chance to read more from his p.o.v. But, I would love to catch up with him and see all of the beautiful art he has made.
3. Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices 
I'm sure she would have tons of awesome stories because of you know, spoiler reasons.



4. Esther Greenwood from The Bell Jar
I would love to see what happens to Esther after the end of this novel! The end is a little ambiguous, so I would love to see how things turn out for Esther. (I'm thinking things work out for the better.)

5. Lizzie Bennet and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
Doesn't everyone want to meet the Darcy children?

6. Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's 
Holly Golightly is a woman who will have a million adventures in her life and I would love to hear about them. She is such an interesting character.



7. Eleanor and Park from Eleanor and Park
I love these two! They are so sweet and genuine. I would love to hear about how Eleanor's life is going and how sweet Park still is to her.

8. Tom and Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby 
I would love to see if these two are happy together and if things have changed! I'm guessing the answer to both of those questions is a big ol' nope!

9. Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye
Does Holden get over his angst? Does he become a phony adult himself? 



10. Olivia Mead From The Cure for Dreaming
I know Olivia is going to do cool things with her life (well, you know, she would if she was a real person) and I would love to hear about all of the awesome girl-power adventures she has had.

Leave me a link to your post, I would love to come check it out!

32 comments:

  1. Hurray for Jane Austen!
    My list: http://amandanicolle.blogspot.com/2015/04/take-ten.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is vital to know if Holden became a phony. I need to know this too!
    My TTT: https://akernelofnonsense.wordpress.com/2015/04/06/top-ten-tuesday-56-ten-characters-id-love-updates-on/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm thinking he escaped the phony fate.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Olivia made my list too, for exactly the same reason! Aw, and I love the Noah reason- I bet he would be making such amazing things! Great list :)
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Noah! I just wanted to scoop him up in a huge hug for the entire novel!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these on your list, but I did pick up Pride and Prejudice and plan on reading it soon. I'm tired of being the only one not able to swoon over Mr. Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love it! P&P is so great!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Oh Noah's art, i too would love to see what's he's making now!

    i'm about to start Clockwork Princess, i'm both nervous and excited :)

    Great list!

    My Top Ten :)

    brooke @ booklife4life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clockwork Princess was really enjoyable! The ending had me a little emotional.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. omg yessss to Noah! I would love to know how he is now!! esp how he's doing with Brian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I miss Noah already and I just finished the book last month! I will be rereading that one very soon I think!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I picked Holden Caulfield as well! He's such an intense character! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I would love to know how he grows up.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I would love to know more about Eleanor! :-) Great choices! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eleanor and Park made my list. :) I was not a huge fan of Catcher in the Rye, but it would still be nice to check in with him. I would like to know if he ever grew out of his arrogance and pretentiousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Holden had a rough time in the novel, but I think he will work through it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Great list, Mallory! Sherlock and Watson are a brilliant choice - I'd love to see these two as old(er) men, I have a feeling Sherlock doesn't quite understand what retirement means. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! I don't see him having a calm and placid retirement!
      Thanks for stopping by Jess!

      Delete
  11. I chose Elinor and Marianne from Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility- but great choice! :-) I'm a new follower so hiya :D Here's my TTT @ Emma's Bookery if you would like to check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to read S&S next! Everyone has been talking about how much they love it lately!
      Thanks for following and stopping by Emma!

      Delete
  12. I added a Jane Austen book to my list as well. Me, I'd like to talk with Elinor Dashwood from Sense and Sensibility. And, I would like to know what happened to Harry Potter and company. Yes, I know, the epilogue, but I'd like to know more. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sometimes J.K. gives a little too much info on the HP characters! I like having my own ideas of their future! But I would love to hear about the kids!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. I really like that you included Esther from The Bell Jar. One can only hope she finds happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm really hoping she does, but I think she was in such a great place at the end of the novel.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. The Great Gatsby never fails to make me emotional. As much as I would love to hear from Daisy and Tom, it would be hard for me. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, I'm guessing they would still be horrible people.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Eleanor and Park and Lizzie and Mr. Darcy were both on my list. I also love Noah from I'll Give You The Sun. Great list!

    http://mybookliferead.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-characters-youd-like-to-check.html

    ReplyDelete