Saturday, April 4, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: Long Weekend

What's New:
I'm currently on a four day weekend for Easter, and let me tell you, that's great. I've got a lot of school stuff to catch up on (as always) and a lot of reading in particular. I did finish a book this week! I finished Emma by Jane Austen (review to come, but of course I loved it). Other than that, there's not much to report.

What I Bought:
I made a Book Depository order to purchase a gift, so of course I grabbed a couple things for myself too. I have been buying lots of classics lately, particularly out of the two series below, so the next batch of buying I do I want to focus on getting some YA new releases- or perhaps getting some from the library.

Penguin Great Ideas Series
 

 


Nature, Ralph Waldo Emerson
Where I lived, and What I lived For, Henry David Thoreau
Silly Novels by Lady Novelist, George Elliot
A Vindication of the Rights of Women, Mary Wollstonecraft (I can't find the Great Ideas version to save my life)
Days of Reading, Marcel Provst 

Penguin Little Black Classics

The Beautifull [sic] Cassandra, Jane Austen


What I Posted:
Monday- I did the Book Cake Tag
Tuesday- I highlighted ten recent additions to my TBR (and added a million more books to it after reading everyone else's posts!)
Wednesday- No post courtesy of school work
Thursday- I posted a Theme Spotlight about Gender and Sexuality in YA

Last Week's Wrap-Up

What's Next: 
Next week I have a few things planned (whoo! go me!). I'll be sharing my thoughts on Emma as well as some of the poetry I have been reading in my American Lit class lately.

Stacking the Shelves hosted by: Tyngas' Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted by: The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

6 comments:

  1. Ooh! I really want to read that Wollstonecraft book and I hope it's great! Enjoy!
    -Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it too! I've wanted to get my hands on it for ages now.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I definitely need to start reading more classics... I've only read Gatsby!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love classics! I would love to see more bloggers reading and discussing them. Good luck on your classics journey!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'll be interested to see what poetry you've been reading in your American Lit class. And that's a great bunch of classic books you've got there - have fun with them! (No, I haven't read most of them, but they look interesting. I really should read the Wollstonecraft at some point, and some Emerson.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few poetry posts in mind, and one scheduled already. I have been loving poetry lately. Emerson is one of my all time favorite authors- I highly recommend anything and everything by him.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete