Saturday, August 22, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: The Best Book Deal Ever!

What's New:
The new school semester is getting closer and closer, and I am no where near ready! Of course I haven't been able to get as ahead on posts as I wanted to be and I haven't read as much as I wanted to, but that's usually how it goes. I'm going to keep trying to get ahead with my posts, and denying that school starts in less than two weeks.

What I Read:
I reread Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick in two sittings, and I loved it just as much (if not more) as the first read. I also started The Blood of Olympus but I haven't gotten very far, as I haven't been reading as much this past week. Hopefully I will finish it this week.
 

What I Bought:
Guys, I am so excited about the deal I got this week. I got The Luminaries by Elanor Canton at my local thrift store for... 25 cents! And it's hard cover! I also picked up a cute little copy of The Secret Garden which I have never read.


I also picked up some really great finds at my local bookstore in the used section that I was really happy to find. Both of these have been on my TBR for quite awhile. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng is very expensive to buy new, so I was very excited to find it used and in perfect shape. Memoirs of a Beatnik by Diane DiPrima is difficult to find and is often expensive too. If you remember my Literary Look post on the Beatnik Movement, you'll know this literary movement really interests me, and I'm really eager to read about the movement from a female perspective. 

 

What I Posted:
Monday-  I reviewed The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson.
Tuesday- I posted my Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors
Wednesday- I posted part three of my Favorite Epigraphs
Thursday- I posted Tale as Old as Time (3): English and Literature Textbooks

Last Week's Wrap-Up 

What's Next: 
Monday- I'm Reviewing Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 
Tuesday- TTT
Wednesday- Literary Look: The Gothic Novel
Thursday- Adaptations: Romeo and Juliet (maybe)

Stacking the Shelves hosted by: Tyngas Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted by:  Caffeinated Book Reviewer

32 comments:

  1. Don't you just love finding the perfect deal when shopping for books? I'm not much of a shopper in any other regard, but books? A whole different story. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love a good book deal!
      Thanks for stopping by Kay!

      Delete
  2. Midwinterblood looks interesting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! I read Everything I Never Told You last year and really enjoyed it. And what a bargain you got with The Luminaries! Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to diving into both of them!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This is my first time taking part in Stacking The Shelves! Hi :)

    The Secret Garden is a wonderful book! My Mom used to read it to me, as it was one of her favourites. I hope you enjoy it too :)

    http://natalieslife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to reading it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I am not ready for school yet either - and the kids come no Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I have one more week before school starts, and way too much I want to accomplish during it!
      Thanks for stopping by! and good luck with the new school year!

      Delete
  6. I haven't been reading as much either, at least not this week. Sigh. The Blood of Olympus has a neat cover, and I was in bookstore today and saw the preview of the new one (first three chapter), so I snagged that. My first Riordan, so looking forward to checking out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riordan's books are full of adventure and humor! They are great reads and I love the way he weaves the mythology in. Hope you enjoy!
      Thanks for stopping by Greg!

      Delete
  7. Midwinter Blood keeps showing up on my radar. Heh, I have The Luminaries on my TBR but it was a bit more than 25c. The Secret Garden was one of my favourite books as a kid. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read Midwinterblood! It's so good! The Luminaries sounds really interesting, and I'm hoping to dive into it this winter when I have some time off of school!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Of course we're never satisfied with the amount of things we did compared to the amount of things we'd love to have done, I think it's human, but also very woman :) We should be satisfied with what we've already achieved, but yes, ok, it's hard, lol ! I love that stone on your book pile, what is it exactly ? Have a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It is very 'woman' to think we should have gotten more done!
      It's a salt crystal that has been made into a candle holder!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Wow! An amazing deal and I'm yet to read The Luminaries but really want to!

    Hope you start to get everything sorted you need to for school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very surprised to see it for such a low price!
      Thanks Deborah, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I got some good books on sale last week too! They were all audio though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audio sales are great! Audio books are very expensive.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. I love a thrifty bargain! I get such a shopper's high from it. :D

    I like the idea of learning about the beatnik movement from a woman's perspective. I'll have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never get as far ahead as I want to with reading or anything else but I guess some progress is still good progress.
    Sounds like you hit some fantastic deals! I have a used bookstore in town that I really need to visit. I might just have to work in some time this week. Thanks for the reminder! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love browsing used bookstores, such a fun and relaxing day. Hope you find some good deals!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. I love, love, love finding great bargains on used books! One of my very favorite things :) It looks like you have lots of great reading ahead of you thanks to these finds. Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun to find a great deal!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. The Blood of Olympus was really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything I never told you looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard really great things about it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete