Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

We Should Hang Out Some Time by Josh Sundquist 
Release Date: December 23, 2014


Summary from Goodreads:

A bright, poignant, and deeply funny autobiographical account of coming of age as an amputee cancer survivor, from Josh Sundquist: Paralympic ski racer, YouTube star, and motivational speaker.

Josh Sundquist only ever had one girlfriend.
For twenty-three hours.
In eighth grade.

Why was Josh still single? To find out, he tracked down the girls he had tried to date and asked them straight up: What went wrong?

The results of Josh's semiscientific, wholly hilarious investigation are captured here. From a disastrous Putt-Putt date involving a backward prosthetic foot, to his introduction to CFD (Close Fast Dancing), to a misguided "grand gesture" at a Miss America pageant, this story is about looking for love--or at least a girlfriend--in all the wrong places.

Why I'm Excited:
I saw this while browsing the pre-orders on my nook and thought it sounded like a cute contemporary read. Not until I was putting this post together did I learn that it's an autobiography! This sounds like the perfect reading for winter break from school, which is when it's released. I'm usually not interested in non-fiction about relationships, but this one has definitely captured my interest it sounds like it's going to be really cute and really heartwarming. 

What are you waiting on?  

hosted by: Breaking the Spine

2 comments:

  1. I'm not one for non-fiction usually, but this does sound intriguing.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I don't usually pick up non-fiction but this caught my attention before I even knew it was non-fiction.
      thanks for stopping by!

      Delete