Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Favorite Epigraphs (4)

I'm back with more epigraphs today! It should be no surprise to anyone that I love epigraphs as this is my fourth post of them. I haven't read all of these yet, but I plan to soon.

Epigraphs 1
Epigraphs 2
Epigraphs 3

The Dream Thieves 
"What if you slept
And what if
In your sleep
You dreamed
And what if
In your dream
You went to heaven 
And there plucked a strange and beautiful flower
And what if 
When you awoke
You had the flower in your hand
Ah, what then?"
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge


Rose Under Fire 
To a Young Poet
"Time cannot break the bird's wings from the bird,
Bird and wing together
Go down, one feather.

No thing that ever flew 
Not the lark, not you,
Can die as others do."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay


Lair of Dreams

"I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep."
-Walt Whitman  

Dangerous Girls 


"The truth is never pure and rarely simple."
-Oscar Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment