Friday, September 27, 2013

Recently Read: City of Bones

I finally stared the very popular The Mortal Instruments series. The first book is titled City of Bones there is currently five books out in the series by Cassandra Clare.

This book follows Clary Fray as she discovers a secret world she is apart of but that she has been unaware of her whole life. She meets Jace, Isabelle, and Alec who are shadowhunters, trained to hunt and kill demons, and Clary and her best friend Simon are pulled into the shadowhunter world when Clary's mother is kidnapped.
 
This book was witty and funny and full of action. I really like the characters Jace and Simon and their interactions with Clary. The book is packed full of action and danger. I enjoyed the way the plot unfolded. It was a very fast paced read, I stayed up way too late reading it a couple time because I just couldn't stop. And holy cow, this book is full of plot twists and turns. I'm still not sure how I feel about the big twist at the end, but I am anxious to see how it all plays out in the next book in the series.
 
I enjoyed this book more than I expected too. I'm not the biggest fan of fantasy with demons and creatures of the sort, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I would recommend picking it up if you haven't already. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment