Friday, February 14, 2014

Recently Purchased: February

From the bottom:
The Infernal Devices Trilogy, Cassandra Clare I spent some Christmas money on this book set, which is only thirty dollars on amazon if you are in the market for it. I need to read this trilogy before the last book in the Mortal Instruments comes out in April.
The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood My first Atwood book, I have been really interested in this for a while and finally found a used copy to pick up.
Howards End, E.M. Forster This I picked up on a whim today as a used copy, but I have heard positive reviews on it and the premise is attention grabbing. 
Emma, Jane Austen In a beautiful vintage classics edition, I would love to buy every book they publish.
The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making, Catherynne M. Valente This is book one in a middle grade series that I have been hearing a lot of good things about. I have been in the mood for middle grade lately.
1984, George Orwell I haven't read any Orwell, but I really want to, and I think this is the one I will start with. I have heard this book is extremely thought provoking so I am excited to read it. 
Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier I have been looking for a cheap copy of this book for a while and I found this copy from 1938 for ninety-nine cents at my Goodwill so I picked it up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment