Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The TBR Tag!

I was tagged by Jess @ Curiouser and Curiouser to do the TBR Tag! Now, not surprisingly my to be read list (both of books I already own and the huge list I have cataloged in my head) is out of control. So feel free to share how out of control your TBR pile is and how overwhelmed you are by it with me. Let's stick together on this one people!

How do you keep track of your TBR?
I have a list on my Goodreads of books I have come across on there and want to read, but I also have a huge list of books that I want to read sometime in my life in my head. 
Is your TBR mostly print or e-books?
I own more print books that I haven't read than e-books, but I do own quite a few e-books that I have yet to read. I tend to forget that I own the books on my Nook so I forget to read them. I'm thinking about having a month this year where I only read e-books, probably some time this summer, so I can get caught up on my e-book TBR.  
How do you pick which book to read next?
It depends. Sometimes I know what I want to read next before I finish what I'm currently reading, and sometimes I just sit and stare at my shelves for two hours trying to pick something. I usually just go with whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm not one to stick to specific or monthly TBRs.
A book that has been on your TBR the longest?
Oh gosh... I don't know! I know I have owned Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen since it first came out, but have yet to read it. And the first book on my Goodreads TBR is The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin.
 

A book you've recently added to your TBR?
I just added I Crawl Through It by A.S. King to my TBR earlier today! 


A book that made your TBR because of its beatiful cover?
The cover of Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente caught my eye on Goodreads, and then when I read the synopsis, I was totally hooked! 

 
A book in your TBR you never plan on reading?
If the book is in my TBR, I plan on reading it. I haven't cleaned out my book collection at my parents' house lately, but I know all of the books at my apartment I plan on reading, and I want to read all of the books in my Goodreads TBR, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

An unpublished book from your TBR you're excited for?
There are so many 2015 releases I'm looking forward too! But the latest one I have added to my TBR is The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness. 


A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson, which I am finally going to read over Spring Break hopefully. 


Number of books on your TBR? 
I have no idea how many books are in my mentally cataloged TBR- but my Goodreads TBR has 173 books on it, and there are currently around 80 unread books in my apartment- and more than that at my parents house. So, to sum that up: a lot.  

Thanks again to Jess for tagging me!
If you want to do these questions, I tag you!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you did it!

    Wow Radiance looks great! I just had a look at it on Goodreads and it sounds really cool, I'll definitely be adding that to my TBR. :)

    I keep forgetting about The Rest of Us Just Live Here, and it sounds like such a funny idea for a story. I'll have to remember to get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Radiance sounds so different than everything I have read before- I'm really excited about it!
      Thanks for tagging me!

      Delete