Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books on my Spring TBR

I have not had a lot of extra reading or blogging time this semester, so I have a huge pile of books I really want to get to. I know I probably won't get to all of these before the semester ends and my summer semester begins, but these are ten books that I'm really hoping to read this season. 

 

1. Blue Lilly, Lilly Blue by Maggie Stiefvater 
I have been trying to get to this one forever, but haven't found the time yet. Hopefully I can get to it before the fourth book is released!

2. These Vicious Masks by Kelly Zekas and Tarun Shanker 
I just picked this one up the other day and I think it will be a really fun and fast read. It's advertised as a mix of x-men and Jane Austen, which I'm all about. 

3. A Tyranny of Petticoats Edited by Jessica Spotswood
I just picked this one up the other day as well. I have been waiting for this one to come out. It's a short story collection where all the stories involve women heroines in historical settings. There are some really great authors in here and I can't wait to pick this one up. 

 

4. The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy
I treated myself to this one for my birthday and I'm excited to get to it. I think it's going to be a quick and entertaining read. 

5. The Heat of the Day by Elizabeth Bowen
This is one of my Women's Lit. Classic's Club picks. I think I am really going to enjoy Bowen's works once I get into them, and I want to start ASAP.

6. A Study in Charlotte by  
I have this one out from the library right now and I'm hoping I can get to it before it has to go back.

 

7. Silly Novels by Lady Novelists by George Elliot
This essay is also on my Women's Lit list. I'm interested to get into this one because I'm not sure what stance Elliot is going to take on the women novelist of her time. 

8. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
Of course I waiting right alongside the rest of the world for this one to come out. Love that cover! 

For School 

9. Bletchley Park Research
Still Reading and organizing research on my women codebreakers paper. I'm hoping to outline it today, right after this post which I'm using as a procrastination technique. 


10.  One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams Garcia
This is the last novel I will be reading this semester for school and it's a middle grade so I'm looking forward to it. I have never read it, but it has earned tons of awards and praise. 

What are you reading right now? What's on your TBR? I'm so out of the loop because of the small amount of blogging I've been doing; fill me in! 

20 comments:

  1. Tyranny of Petticoats!! READ IT! It's amazing. All of them. Seriously! :) Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! So glad to hear that! Can't wait to start it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I forgot about THE RAVEN KING. I think I should go back and add it. I am such a huge fan of the whole Raven Cycle series. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That series is a lot of fun; I'm eager to see how it ends.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. These Vicious Masks looks so good! I hope to read it too at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a super fun read.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. The Raven King tops my list, I cannot wait to read it! I'm really looking forward to A Study in Charlotte and A Tyranny of Petticoats too, they sound great. Happy reading!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really excited and nervous to read The Raven King. I really love your list too. There are a handful of books on this list that I would also love to read.

    My TTT:Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! The Raven King is going to be a great read.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Great list, Mallory! I'm hoping to read A Tyranny of Petticoats soon, too, and Silly Novels by Lady Novelists sounds like something I definitely want to pick up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both are going to be really great reads. I'm really eager to see what Eliot has to say about the domestic novel.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I'm excited to read A Tyranny of Petticoatsand A Study in Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These Vicious Masks and A Study in Charlotte taunt me and my mountainous TBR list from my Kindle lol - My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get to A Study in Charlotte this weekend.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. The Raven King was on my list this week too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/top-ten-tuesday-48/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it's going to be on every spring TBR!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I had a student read One Crazy Summer last year and he loved it! I was actually really surprised because it was nowhere near his type of read. I hope you enjoy all these books when you get to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear your student liked it! I don't know anything about it so I'm excited to get into it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete