Monday, September 26, 2016

Happy Banned Books Week!


Happy Banned Books Week! I do at least one post each year highlighting this event and the wonderful site that is the American Library Association. This year, I am working with my college's English Society and working a table to celebrate Banned Books Week in real life, and on the blog, I thought I would highlight some of the frequently challenged books that are on my TBR and talk about banned books that have changed my life.

As always, here is the link to the American Library Association website.

My 2014 Post
My 2015 Post

As I am getting closer to being a certified teacher, the idea of banning and challenging books becomes more real to me. It is very possible that parents or possibly even administrators will attempt to control or change what books I use in my classroom curriculum or the books I have available for students on my classroom bookshelves. I love these graphics that break down some of the statistics of book banning and challenging. If you know of a case of a book that has been removed from your school or library shelves, please visit www.ala.org and file a complaint. They will help you get that book back on the shelves.



Banned Books on my TBR 






Tomorrow is Banned Books Day, so look out for another post about banned books that have impacted my life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment