Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Recently Read:Losing It

Author: Cora Carmack
Genre: New Adult Romance
Year Published: 2012
Status: Stand Alone
Page Count: 188
Rating: 3/5

I don't read a lot of new adult, or romance books, in fact this is my first new adult book. I'm not the biggest fan of books where the romance is the entire plot, so I haven't read a lot of books like this to compare Losing It too.


This novel is about Bliss, who is a senior in college. She is about to graduate with a degree in theater performance and her virginity. Bliss and her friend set out to the bar one night to find Bliss a way to loose her virginity, and Bliss meets a handsome British man. They go back to her place, but before anything happens Bliss panics and leaves the man in her bed naked, only to go to class the next day and find out her British man is her professor. 

The plot of this book was nothing unique, but this book was enjoyable. It was great to read something quick and light after reading On the Road and moving into my new apartment. The male character is pretty typical for romance novels; cute, British, and a little too protective. I did enjoy the fact that the characters were  in college instead of high school, and the theater aspect of this novel was enjoyable too. But overall I thought this book was just okay, and I don't have a lot to say about it.

If you like new adult or romance novels, I would recommend this as a fun quick read. This would be a good summer read, or a read in between heavier books. I'm thinking new adult books would be great to read during busy points in the semester because they don't require a lot of brain focus, and are quick reads.

If you have any new adult to recommend, let me know, as well as your thoughts on this book, or Cora Carmack's other books.      

No comments:

Post a Comment